2012 is near - now is the time we should think about planning your future travels together!
Safari Experts Newsletter
- October 2011 - Lowland Gorillas, Australia - New Zealand, India, Mozambique and Honeymoons
- April 2010 - India, Morocco, Patagonia, Galapagos Islands, Honeymoons and Mozambique
- January 2006 - Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, Australia and New Zealand, Kilimanjaro
- March 2005 - Ecuador, New Zealand, Australia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Tanzanian, South America
- January 2004 - Argentina – A Latin paradise
- October 2003 - East Africa
Plan your travel now:
Now is time to plan your travel to Africa, South America or Australia and New Zealand.
From June to September 2006, I spent an amazing 3 months in Africa, flying friends and clients, while at the same time exploring places for your future safaris!
The highlights of my summer trip, which you might want to consider for your plans, were:
- A flying safari in Uganda, including the best Gorilla trekking I have ever had.
- A visit to the magical Seychelles, my first since my sudden arrival 30 years earlier!
- The Mahale Mountains in western Tanzania, to trek for chimpanzees.
- A walking safari in remote Northern Zambia, and tiger fishing on the Lower Zambezi at Sausage Tree Camp.
- Tranquility in the Okavango Delta, Botswana combined with fantastic game viewing in the North.
- A flying safari along the wild Skeleton Coast in Namibia, followed by nights amongst the sand dunes.
- An exploratory trip for two weeks to the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador completed my privileged year of travel.
If we can help you with travel ideas anywhere in the world, please give us call.
Update from Tim on safari - July 2005:
I' m in Lake Nakuru park - my birth place! - I havent been here for nearly 12 years. I am with clients from Pelham CT on their Ker & Downey safari, using luxury mobile tented camps. The camp is set in a lovely glade surrounded my massive yellow fever trees now glinting in the evening sun, while curious zebras look on. We had an unseasonable heavy downpour - nearly an inch - last night. It is full moon, so that sometimes brings a change in the weather. We got up before sunrise today and were at the lake edge for it - a truly spiritual experience of fog, flamingoes flying and exploding light as the day burst forth. There are probably 2 million flamingoes on the lake at the moment. I am most impressed with this park, stuffed with all sorts of game; as we watched in the warm morning light, a hyena ran into the lake and took down a poor little baby waterbuck, while Mum loked mournfuly on; she had led it into the lake hoping to escape trouble. Another grabbed a flamingo, scarfing it down, feathers and all. To cap it all, we had an excellent leopard sighting, classically posing in a yellow fever tree.
Next I fly them to Lake Baringo for a night at Samatian Camp while the camp packs up and hauls itself off to the Mara, where an amazing migration awaits them.
I start my flying safari on Aug 21st with two nights in Mara, one night on Rusinga Island on Lake Victoria, before flying south to Mahale Mountains on LAke Tanganyika to trek chimpanzees.
March 2005 - Newsletter
Keep up-to-date with what we are doing at Safari Experts! We have some incredible trips coming up this year so please keep in touch, and let us know if we can help with your travel plans. Africa has become really popular, so it pays to plan early to get the space you want.
March 2005 - Newsletter (65 KB)
The reality TV show The Amazing Race has featured two African destinations this year - Lalibela in Ethiopia and the Khwai River Lodge in Botswana
"Last year I completed a unique flying safari from Ethiopia to CapeTown. Without doubt it was the greatest trip I have ever done in my life"
Ewaso - September 2004 - A low level study of the Waters of Africa - from Cape to Cairo
- Tim Lapage
"In August 2003 I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro myself with a Safari Experts team - enjoy the story! ."
Safari Experts' Kilimanjaro Team Ascent - Machame Route
- Tim Lapage
Safari Experts is excited to create the perfect Safari Adventure for you! Our newsletters are a good way for us to share the adventure with you.
January 2004 - Argentina - Patagonia, the Andes, Tierra del Fuego, Iguazu Falls, beef, wine, glaciers and gauchos - indelible impressions from my recent trip to Argentina, a vast country of five regions, each with its own fauna, flora, landscape and culture.
October 2003 - East Africa - Powerful images remain from the seven weeks of my summer in Kenya and Tanzania.
The trip was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed everything. Got spoiled at Kwando Lagoon since it was a private concession and anything goes! All accommodations were great; just Jack's and Kwando had some extra special touches. Jack's Camp was so unique and a great way to end the trip. None of us wanted to leave.
- Cindy Stephan
Laguna Miguel, California